Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hi Ladies....I hope your first day of classes went well. I am so excited for this year and for getting to know you better. As said in the meeting last night, this is a blog that you can put your ramblings about where God is working in your life or areas you would like to see God more. It is also a way to post ideas that were discussed in "Bible Study". Oh maybe you have a question would like some opinions on...well post a blog and we can all leave comments. I really want to see this blog being something that we can all benefit from.

As also was said last night in the meeting we will have a weekly gathering where we will get together discuss a passage which will have been hanging up on the hall during the week. This gathering will also be a time of open discussion...if you have something you truly think would be beneficial for the rest of the girls on floor this time will be open for you to share as well as this blog. Also if you would like to lead one of these gathering times, just let me know and we can talk.

For this week I am using a passage that was discussed when we first arrived at camp this summer. We are all beginning to start a new year of school and we need to be prepared for not only what God has planned but what the Devil is going to throw at us. So the passage I chose for us to ponder on is Ephesians 6:10-20. I have put a copy below and there is a copy in the bathrooms. I hope your first few days of classes go well. I am praying for you guys.

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

No comments: